UI Developer (CSS, TypeScript)
+27 67 733 2166
Type of Job
April 24, 2021 at 11:30:00 PM
About the job
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to build performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms, including design, architecture, development, code review, and testing of key software solutions.
You will play a leading part in a cross-functional, global team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment & maintenance. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required. Work will primarily be remote.
If you’re familiar with Agile methodologies and feel at home working in a startup environment, we’d like to meet you.
- Translate UI designs and UX wire-frames into high-quality code
- Build pixel-perfect, smooth UIs across both iOS and Android mobile platforms
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms
- Optimize components for maximum performance
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Work closely with backend developers to understand and properly use the systems APIs
-Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Write technical documentation
- Participate in daily stand-ups/ad-hoc design sessions as and when required (via online conferencing facilities, ie. Zoom, MS Teams)
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
At least 7 years' experience as a Front-end developer with a strong focus on CSS and TyprScript)
Ability to write well-documented, clean code
Familiarity with native build tools
Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
Understanding of REST APIs
Understanding and grasp of Agile development and Scrum practices
Solid SQL / relational database experience
Solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
Experience with automated testing suite
Flexibility and deadline driven
Excellent communication, teamwork & organisational skills
Great attention to detail
R700,000-R1,100,000 CTC per annum
Our client is considered to be one of the most successful and prominent Financial Services companies in South Africa. They are not only recognised as a familiar household name but also contribute to society with various ongoing initiatives.
Deka Minas is the world's first subscription based professional services company. Our main lines of business are Human Capital Advisory and Recruitment Services in Sub-Saharan Arica, The Middle East and Southeast Asia.
Pretoria, South Africa