Senior Mobile Developer (Xamarin)
+27 67 733 2166
Type of Job
April 24, 2021 at 11:00:00 PM
About the job
This is an exciting position on a team building world-class connected mobile insurance solutions. As a senior contributor to the team, you have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly. Responsibilities include brainstorming, estimating, and developing new applications and features leveraging Xamarin and C#++. The ideal candidate is effective in a fast-paced Agile Development environment, pushing industry best practices and system maturity while looking for opportunities to enhance continuous integration and automated deployment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the development of project plans, project documentation and test plans in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Produce high quality code. While we have QA and validation teams, we expect developers to always write unit tests and contribute to test automation frameworks.
- Use industry best practices and coding standards to create high performing and maintainable code
- Participate in peer reviews and provide feedback on architecture and code
- Support, maintain and administer deployed solutions
- Be an active participant in and help enhance a mature agile environment
- Take necessary measures to ensure cross-pollination of feature architecture and development
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers to grow team’s skillset
- Constantly look for ways to increase the team’s velocity/productivity by eliminating waste and codedebt
Degree in IT/Computer Science
7+ years of experience in C# .NET development space
Xamarin.Native or Xamarin.Forms or appetite to enhance Xamarin efficacy
Git; Unit testing and TDD experience
Performance profiling and optimisation
Experience with RESTful APIs and using JSON
App design patterns; MVVM in Xamarin
Experience with Azure cloud
Experience with CI/CD Tools
R800,000-R1,200,000 CTC per annum negotiable
Our client is considered to be one of the most successful and prominent Financial Services companies in South Africa. They are not only recognised as a familiar household name but also contribute to society with various ongoing initiatives.
Deka Minas is the world's first subscription based professional services company. Our main lines of business are Human Capital Advisory and Recruitment Services in Sub-Saharan Arica, The Middle East and Southeast Asia.
Pretoria, South Africa