Database Marketing Specialist
Remote work during Level 3 Lockdown
Type of Job
January 26, 2021 at 10:00:00 PM
About the job
You will develop and implement various database marketing campaigns for a range of products and services, to ensure maximum uptake of offerings. You will be responsible for maintaining databases, using data analyses to optimize direct and interactive campaigns, and creating custom reports. You will also collaborate with cross-functional teams and liaise with outside vendors.
To be successful as a Database Marketing Specialist, you should demonstrate the ability to create accessible, engaging, and high-impact campaigns, and to stay abreast of latest database marketing trends, channels and tools.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Be able to analyse data across campaigns (email, SMS, etc.) as well as outbound
campaign results to better understand prospect / customer engagements and
• Use these insights to develop audience-based testing strategies to drive leads and
engagement, and to continually adjust these audiences based on campaign
performance results and continued analysis.
• Ensure understanding of Customer Experience across the value chain to better
identify communications and drip campaigns required to drive action – i.e. taking the
next step in the buying journey and ultimately closing the sale.
• Working closely with Designers, Copywriters and Email technicians to come up with
• Be able to distribute marketing campaigns across various platforms.
• Maintain and monitor multiple databases.
• Develop and manage database marketing campaigns.
• Collating and cleaning of data from various entities for database campaigns.
• Compiling data briefs for extraction across various campaigns.
• Creating rules and procedures for data sharing across campaigns for the business,
touchpoint and frequency rules
A minimum of matric / diploma in analytics/marketing
A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Database Marketing - Proven experience creating high-impact, unique marketing campaigns.
Expert in Excel essential
Strong copywriting and editing skills.
Understanding of database architecture, technologies and data security.
Understanding of data modelling to support database marketing.
Experience in using and handling large datasets and prepping data for campaigns.
Must be able to work in fast paced, high performance environment with tight deadlines
The ability to successfully manage multiple campaigns running at the same time.
Requires ability to think critically and independently
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
R580,000 p/a plus bonuses (Negotiable)
Deka Minas is the world's first subscription based professional services company. Our main lines of business are Human Capital Advisory and Recruitment Services.