AML Technology Specialist
+27 677 332 166
Type of Job
January 2, 2021 at 10:00:00 PM
About the job
Your role as The AML Technology Specialist:
-Provide clear supervisory messages to firms’ senior management and Boards of Directors.
-Using a risk-based approach, determine the appropriate level of resources for examinations that evaluate firms’ compliance risk management practices and determine compliance with relevant anti-money laundering (AML) laws and regulations
-Be a leader within the Department, Function, Group and System working collaboratively across Groups, Functions, and Teams, to share expertise, establish priorities and work in an effective and coordinated manner.
-Lead the team to assess the quality and effectiveness of an institution’s AML and compliance programs in relation to the inherent risks of the institution, supervisory expectations, and sound practices.
-Approve the Compliance Risk Specialists’ deliverables, including examination reports, memoranda and work papers to support findings conforming to Federal Reserve expectations.
-Hold the Compliance Risk team to a high standard of operational excellence.
-Lead efforts to further deepen the team’s expertise in the identification and management of risks posed by individual business lines, products, or services.
-Serve as an internal advisor to the Technology teams on how to structure the software application/s for each region
• Anti-Money Laundering Diploma or similar qualifications is an advantage.
• At least 4 years’ experience in financial services data analysis is essential.
• Must be willing to work in Abu Dhabi as the business is a 24-hour operation.
• Flexibility in respect of working overtime as required.
• Ability to multi-task and handle several different projects
• Advanced Excel Ability to use pivot tables and work with an advanced statistical database and statistical methods and functions
• Familiarity with AML issues and suspicious transaction monitoring systems.
• Professional certification with an organization, such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS), gives a distinct advantage.
• Experience working with African countries is an added advantage.
*Software application development acumen is highly advantageous
Highly competitive salary paid in UAE dirham
Deka Minas is the world's first subscription based professional services company. Our main lines of business are Human Capital Advisory and Recruitment Services in Sub-Saharan Arica, The Middle East and Southeast Asia.
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates